As many Bugasura users requested, We’re offering Bugasura users a complete and two-way sync to Jira.
Now anyone can sync their issues to Jira easily by mapping the system fields and custom fields, Auto push, and Auto Sync. Pull future is introduced that makes the changes made to Jira reflect in Bugasura.
Steps to do it:
1. Open the issue tracker and go to the Issue list page.
2. Select any issues you want to sync from the list
3. Then click on the Jira sync icon that appears at the top of the list
4. The Jira sync wizard will have a few steps of a clean and neat Synching procedure.
Let’s look at each of them one by one:
Step-by-Step guide inside the Jira Sync Wizard
- Connect to Jira: The user needs to enter the Jira credentials to connect with Jira.
First, you need to select what type of Jira you are using, Cloud-based or Enterprise based? Then you need to provide Jira Server URL along with an E-mail id and Access Token. You will have an option to view the access token from the wizard itself by Clicking on the Get Access Token link. Any action you perform on the left side will be reflected on the right side for your better understanding and experience. Then, click the Load project data button.
- Select which Jira Project you want to connect to Users will have the list of Jira projects as a dropdown, and from the dropdown, the user can select for which project they want to sync issues from Bugausra. Now click on Next.
- In the third step, an info screen that says Jira and Bugasura are now connected will appear. The user can use the Jira integration in 2 ways. One is Link issues between Bugasura and Jira, and the second one is Push Bugasura issues to Jira.
Now here, we have two options: One is to Setup the Push, or the user can click on Done to move to the Jira sync Final Stage. SO if the user wants Setup the Push they can click on the Setup Push button and it will take the user to the Next Step.
- The next step is to Map Fields: Here most of the Jira fields and Bugasura fields have automatically been mapped. Now the user can cross-check and choose the right mapping for each field in Jira to the ones in Bugasura. The right side Mapping preview will clearly show how many fields are mapped and how many are unmapped, and also the corresponding mapping fields as well.
- After the mapping is done, click the Next button to move to the final step. The final step is to Push issues. Either you can do an Auto Push, that will push all the current issues and future issues. Or, you can select the issues which you want to sync particularly.
By default, the Auto Push action will be checked. And if you don’t want that but want to select only particular issues then you can uncheck the checkbox and it will show the list of issues in that current project. From there, the user can select the issues which they want to sync and then click on the sync button to finish the sync.
- The wizard will show you a success screen with a link to your Jira project.
Clicking on the Done button will end the sync process and then you can see the issues getting synced, and the logs will be displayed if you Hover over the sync icon. If the issues are synced, the icon will show with a green tick mark icon.
This is not the only way to integrate Jira sync. The user can easily sync to Jira from the Integration page as well.
This is How:
Go to the Project Setting menu on the left Navigation. You will see the Jira Button present there. The same syncing process can be carried out from there and you can even UnSync Jira from there as well.
This is it 🙂
The most requested feature from our customers and we have come up with it in a super cool way. Start using Bugasura now and don’t forget to give your feedback.
Bugasura – Issue Tracker for fast-moving SaaS Teams.